There are some people who want to remove their active status from Facebook and Messenger. If you’re among them, then this blog is appropriate for you. Luckily, you can change the status of active and inactive whenever you wish. It is easy to do so. Go through this blog carefully and follow the steps properly.
The method of disabling the active status in the Facebook application
- The first step that should be done by you is to visit the Facebook application in your device.
- Press on Menu. It will have a symbol of three lines and will be towards the bottom right-hand side corner.
- Then, move down the Menu and tap on it for expanding Settings and Privacy.
- After that, press on Settings.
- Next, go to the Privacy part and click on Active Status.
- Then, push the switch for disabling the Active Status.
- After that, give confirmation for it by pressing Turn off.
The method of disabling active status in the Messenger application
- The first step that should be done is that you have to visit the Messenger application.
- Click the profile. It shall be towards the upper side at the left-hand corner.
- Then, have a look in the Profile part and press on Active Status.
- Next, push the switch for disabling the active status.
- After that, give confirmation by pressing on Turn Off.
The method of disabling active status on the Messenger website
- Firstly, go to the Messenger site.
- Then, sign-in if required.
- After that, towards the above at the left-hand side corner of the display, press the Settings option.
- Next, choose Settings.
- Then, disable the switch of the Active Status.
- After that, press on Done.
The method of disabling the active status on the Facebook site
- Firstly, go to the Facebook site.
- Then, sign in it asks for it.
- After that, press on the Options. It shall be present towards the right-hand side corner of the display.
- Next, press on Turn off Active Status.
- Then, note that an on-screen pop-up option shall be presented before you. In total, there will be three options i.e., all contacts, certain contacts, or all contacts with exceptions. Select the one that suits you. Don’t forget to put details for the second two options.
- Lastly, press Okay.
Congratulations! You have been able to hide the active status on Facebook Messenger.
James Boond is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry since 2002. As a technical expert, John has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as norton.com/setup .